Please join us on a field trip. There is no experience required. You should bring binoculars for each participant and dress for the weather. Trips function rain or shine.
- Unless otherwise noted, there is no charge for participation. Some trips have participation limits with prior registration required and are identified as such. At times, members may receive priority due to participation limitations. But you do not have to be a member of Illinois Audubon Society or the Lake Cook Chapter to participate in most of our events. Good deal, huh? If you like our field trip programming, here are ways to support our organization.
- Young people who can participate without supervision are welcome. For field trips and programs geared for budding young birders and naturalists we recommend investigating the Illinois Young Birders
- Learn about membership in the Lake Cook Chapter of the Illinois Audubon Society here.
- If you wish to be notified about upcoming field trips and programs please register to receive email updates. Field trip details listed on this website are subject to change.
- Please! Leave your pets at home.
May 26 @ 7:00 am
NEW! One of Lake County’s newest forest preserves. Considered a birdwatcher’s paradise, more than 116 species of birds have been observed here, including a resident population of waterfowl and herons–the site’s namesake. Six state endangered[...]
May 29 @ 7:00 am
With marsh, dune, swale, oak woods, beach and Lake Michigan, IBSP South is the only reliable spot for Brewer’s Blackbirds in Lake County and a great late migration spot with opportunities for species like Lark[...]
Jun 4 @ 7:30 am
NEW! PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED This Nature Conservancy property is a grassland wonderland with target birds including Henslow’s, Grasshopper, Lark and Savannah Sparrows, Blue Grosbeak, Bobolink and more, not to mention bison. We’ll start here with optional[...]
Jun 11 @ 7:00 am
Lake County’s best spot for grassland birds also winds through wetland and oak savanna habitats that can yield shorebirds, passerines and waterfowl including breeding Trumpeter Swans. Meet in the Drury Lane parking lot. From I-94,[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar