Please join us on a field trip. There is no experience required. You should bring binoculars for each participant and dress for the weather. Trips function rain or shine.
- Unless otherwise noted, there is no charge for participation. Some trips have participation limits with prior registration required and are identified as such. At times, members may receive priority due to participation limitations. But you do not have to be a member of Illinois Audubon Society or the Lake Cook Chapter to participate in most of our events. Good deal, huh? If you like our field trip programming, here are ways to support our organization.
- Young people who can participate without supervision are welcome. For field trips and programs geared for budding young birders and naturalists we recommend investigating the Illinois Young Birders
- Learn about membership in the Lake Cook Chapter of the Illinois Audubon Society here.
- If you wish to be notified about upcoming field trips and programs please register to receive email updates. Field trip details listed on this website are subject to change.
- Please! Leave your pets at home.
Apr 28 – Apr 30 all-day
Shorebirds and passerines migrating from Central and South America arrive in Indiana before they hit the Chicago area. One of the state’s hotspots is the Goose Pond Fish & Wildlife Area in Linton, Indiana, an[...]
Jun 7 – Jun 11 all-day
As one of the largest grassland-wetland ecosystems on earth, the Prairie Pothole Region of North Dakota is one of North America’s richest birding hotspots. With local birders as our guides, we will spend 3 days[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar