Please join us on a field trip. There is no experience required. You should bring binoculars for each participant and dress for the weather. Trips function rain or shine.
- Unless otherwise noted, there is no charge for participation. Some trips have participation limits with prior registration required and are identified as such. At times, members may receive priority due to participation limitations. But you do not have to be a member of Illinois Audubon Society or the Lake Cook Chapter to participate in most of our events. Good deal, huh? If you like our field trip programming, here are ways to support our organization.
- Young people who can participate without supervision are welcome. For field trips and programs geared for budding young birders and naturalists we recommend investigating the Illinois Young Birders
- Learn about membership in the Lake Cook Chapter of the Illinois Audubon Society here.
- If you wish to be notified about upcoming field trips and programs please register to receive email updates. Field trip details listed on this website are subject to change.
- Please! Leave your pets at home.
May 30 @ 7:00 am
This field trip is cancelled. Spring migration is winding down, but late migrants like Yellow-bellied Flycatcher and Mourning Warbler can be here at this time along with other spring beauties. Directions: From Lake Shore Dr.[...]
May 31 @ 7:00 am
This field trip is cancelled. NEW! Great spot for lingering migrants and nesters, including tanagers, warblers, vireos, flycatchers and more. Directions: The entrance is on Blanchard Road, just west of Sheridan Road, north of Bowen[...]
Jul 8 – Jul 12 all-day
Great Salt Lake, mountain and sage/juniper birding with local experts can yield up to 150 species including standouts like Flammulated Owl, Cassia Crossbill, Black Swift, Lewis’s Woodpecker and the incredible Phalarope spectacle on the Great[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar