Please join us on a field trip. There is no experience required. You should bring binoculars for each participant and dress for the weather. Trips function rain or shine.
- Unless otherwise noted, there is no charge for participation. Some trips have participation limits with prior registration required and are identified as such. At times, members may receive priority due to participation limitations. But you do not have to be a member of Illinois Audubon Society or the Lake Cook Chapter to participate in most of our events. Good deal, huh? If you like our field trip programming, here are ways to support our organization.
- Young people who can participate without supervision are welcome. For field trips and programs geared for budding young birders and naturalists we recommend investigating the Illinois Young Birders
- Learn about membership in the Lake Cook Chapter of the Illinois Audubon Society here.
- If you wish to be notified about upcoming field trips and programs please register to receive email updates. Field trip details listed on this website are subject to change.
- Please! Leave your pets at home.
Apr 1 @ 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Afternoon birding for waterfowl on Lake Glenview, dinner at Whole Foods, and American Woodcock watching at Air Station Prairie at dusk. Dress for ticks which are possible along the paths at Air Station Prairie. For[...]
May 5 all-day
Contact Joel Greenberg for Lake County assignments(630-725-6660) or Alan Anderson for Cook County assignments (email@example.com or 847-390-7437). Read more...
May 8 @ 6:45 am
‘Warbler Alley’ should be hopping with migrants. Two separate field trips begin at 6:45AM and 7:15AM. You must register for the trip of your choice. Limit 18 per time slot. To register (required): email firstname.lastname@example.org[...]
May 10 @ 7:00 am
Warblers before work! Directions North Pond is behind the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, 2430 N. Cannon Dr. Street parking on Cannon or Stockton. Meet at casting pier in southeast corner of the pond. Read[...]
May 12 @ 7:00 am
Spring migration is in full swing – warblers and more await! Directions: From Lake Shore Dr. take the Montrose Ave. exit. Continue east toward the lake. Turn right at the Bait Shop (Montrose Harbor Dr.)[...]
May 17 @ 7:00 am
NEW! New trip along newly restored preserve on the Des Plaines River Trail. Directions Entrance is on the south side of Dundee between Milwaukee Ave. and Portwine Rd. Drive to far south end of long[...]
Jun 1 – Jun 3 all-day
Southwest Michigan Sojourn Multi-day 2-night trip to southwest Michigan. Cerulean, Yellow-throated, Hooded & Prothonatary Warblers & more. Details forthcoming. Registation is required. Participation limits. Illinois Audubon Society members have priority. Register at email@example.com Read more...
Jun 23 @ 8:30 am
Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie is the place for grassland birds and specialties like Blue Grosbeak, Bell’s Vireo and Loggerhead Shrike. Meet at Midewin Welcome Center. This will be a loop and we will car pool[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar